martes, 23 de septiembre de 2008

The making of Hanging Fan (6)

6. 3D Layout
This was not the easiest part of the whole thing.
In March 2008, I started to finally do things in Maya. Modelling wasn't too difficult, but not easy whatsoever. I modeled the whole house, fences, antenna, cable, windows and roof, and got the rest from the props library in AM and several sites like TurboSquid and HighEnd. I recommend these sites to anyone not that fluent in Maya, like myself, that is looking for props.

Several problems invaded my peace of mind in that moment: the camera angles were not as tight as I had drawn them, the character looked a bit flat in the scenery with so little things around, and that problem with how to make a convincing sky in the outside. Layout animation itself wasn't a big deal (except for the roof scene). Overall, I didn't enjoy too much this part of the process. Oh well, it happens.










PREVIOUS: 5.Storyboard And Animatic
NEXT: 7.Blocking

Back to "The Making Of"

No hay comentarios: