martes, 23 de septiembre de 2008

The making of Hanging Fan (5)

5. Storyboard and Animatic

Time for some Storyboarding!!

This was my first animatic using the Storyboard I created. I love drawing so this was a great pleasure.




I also came up with the first sketches of how would my character look like. I chose Bishop from the AM library to be this guy, since he has the best expressions and I needed a very expressive character.


Afterwards, I started sketching his house as well, just to get the camera angles positioned in the angles I had imagined. This was especially useful to model the house later - Practically the only thing I modeled in the short film, the rest were free props from several places, mostly from TurboSquid.


After taking ideas and lots and lots of feedback with my mentor and my peers, I finished the Animatic to match the time and even got some sounds working on. This was getting all the planning it could get!

As part of the planning process as well I designed the character - just a cap on him for the moment - walking. This walkcycle is at the end of the final storyboard.





PREVIOUS: 4.Schedule
NEXT: 6.3d Layout

Back to "The Making Of"

No hay comentarios: