martes, 23 de septiembre de 2008

The making of Hanging Fan (3)



3. Final Idea


After a careful thinking, my mentor and I came up with the pros and cons for the two stories:

Hanging Fan
Pros: Simple, funny, physical. Him falling from the roof and then forgetting he's in danger to keep watching his game was a hilarious idea.
Cons: Possible issues with the antenna cable (indeed), too predictable in some parts, difficulty to relate to the character

Late
Pros:
funny, physical, something with everyone can relate. The character is the everyday man
Cons: not that funny actually. I couldn't help but think that I kept liking Hanging Fan better (catchy name I guess) and I wanted to see someone fall down and get hurt. This guy would just get stuck and make frowns, and the Fan would be happy and scared, relieved and more scared. I liked that contrast better.

So I decided to go with Hanging Fan (February 1, 2008) and here's the final story pitch. I even did some preeliminary sketches of how did I imagine the scenes. I ended up using them in the storyboard.







PREVIOUS: 2.Story Pitch
NEXT: 4.Schedule

Back to "The Making Of"

No hay comentarios: